Thoughts of a Chicana Feminist

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Moment of Reflection

I am often surprised by the speed of my life. Nothing ever seems to slow down or settle down.

I've been on the go since I was 14. Back then it was school, running, homework, housework, and (later) a part-time job. Now its momma-work, work-work, housework, and miscellaneous-adult-responsiblity-work. There are always 100 things on my to-do list. In all fairness 10 things get checked off by the end of each day. But as we all know, work begets work and so I add another 10 items to the list each morning when I wake....so, things never seem quite settled.

I suppose I am used to the ebb and flow of stress. I'm always motivated by knowing I will soon encounter moments of pure joy and accomplishment. They are great payment for working hard.

I ran into this quote on the web. Supposedly, its a French proverb:

"Hope is the dream of a soul awake."

Like most blog entries I don't really know what my point is. All I know is, con un cafecito in hand, I need to get on with my day. I have lots to accomplish today.