Thoughts of a Chicana Feminist

Friday, October 14, 2005

Always more questions than answers

I haven't had my morning coffee. It is probably the reason I have a short attention span right now. So after this entry I'm going to pick up a tall and get back to pushin' some 0's and 1's.

So you know me, always filled with more questions than answers. Some of you claim that its what you like about me, but the jury is still out on whether or not it is working for me.

Anyway, I posted some questions up at work that I think are important. People walked by them, made some comments in the halls and then kept walking. My attempt at grassroots communication (easel paper and markers) didn't get anyone really going. So here they are in an "e-" form and more inclusive, academic-y language.

1) Why should women and communities of color be leading producers of technology?
2) If women and communities of color are not equal participants in the production of technology now, what will our world be like in the future? Is this an acceptable? What positive and negative consequences will women meet?

You all know what I think....Don't you? I am wondering, "What you think is the role of technology in our society?" How would you characterize your personal relationship with technology? Do you think it is (or will) promote a more just society/world?

Ok. Off to 'bucks.