Thoughts of a Chicana Feminist

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Las Vegas

We celebrated life and friendship this last weekend in Vegas. It was all that I wanted and more. Every day (and night) was an adventure.

Some thoughts...
* Chainsaw and Rat reminded me that life is so much more than just money - although it is whole lot of fun to gamble someone else's money, especially when its lost and not won.
* I came home with $78 more dollars than I came with, a pair of knee high boots, a pair of Nike running shoes, and some kick ass jeans from the mother of all Express stores. Evidence that luck and retail therapy are important parts of a balanced life.
* Thanks to Rina (aka mother duck) for bringing on the Thunda'. Austrailian break dancers - *hot*!
* Alicia and Leah; Tammy and Allan - you don't know it, but seeing you all together reminded me that love comes in lots of wonderful forms - sisters, couples, friends. My unsung heroes.
* Samantha, Samantha, Samantha - My "wing-(wo)man". The party seems to always find you. OPM, exploring the "West" and "Leaning Back". Never to be forgotten.

I came home to my smiling Amaya last night. So happy to be back.