Thoughts of a Chicana Feminist

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Life Lesson

I picked up my little one from school. We were going to get gas and then pick up some groceries before heading home. I pull up to the gas station pump. When I get out of my car I find a crisp $100 bill on the floor. I bend over, pick it up, and put it in my pocket like it was no big deal. Inside I'm celebrating. Free groceries!!!

I pumped my gas, got groceries and headed home with my munchkin. When we open the door we see that our cat has diahrea and gross out at the wet poop in the middle of the living room floor. I spend the next 45 minutes cleaning it up and laughing. The cat crap was nasty, but I just found $100. I wasn't about to complain.

I think the 2 stories together are great comedic metaphors for my life. Sometimes I am very lucky, and other times I seem to find someone else has left their shit for me to clean up. It might take a while to clean, but once the work is done I'm still $100 better off.

:-)