Thoughts of a Chicana Feminist

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Before I Die or in the Next 5 to 10 Years - revisited

Back in 2005 I wrote a post about some things I want to do in my life time. I took a look at it this morning and discovered I'm not actively trying to make any of them happen.

I thought about feeling guilty about it, or making some kind of resolution to make at least one of them happen, but in .5 seconds time I decided neither was the right thing to do.

Instead I thought I'd post my current ambitions that I am actually making happen.

  1. Getting and staying healthy - I joined a gym and I am having so much fun doing going!

  2. Traveling internationally - I still want to go to Mexico city, but decided to set my ambitions a little further away. I am trying to save some money to go to Spain in 2008. Its going to be a stretch, but I'm going to try. I figure if I don't save all I need I can "settle" for Mexico.

  3. Better manage my career - Up until now I've gone from job to job because each opportunity that was offered to me had the potential to give me a different challenge and skill set. I want to more purposeful in choosing my career direction, so I am starting to talk to people about their experiences and how they've managed the things that have come their way. Not only am I getting great food for thought I am getting to know some people on a different level. It is pretty satisfying.

With all of that on my plate with the regular things that happen (work, home, taking care of my kid) 2007 is going to be just as busy and challenging as every year before it. I'm feeling wiser and stronger more than ever so I'm thinking that it will be ok.

Adelante!

Labels: , ,